Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stalking Made Easy: Facebook

  Leave it to the desperate and horny to turn a social networking sites, originally intended for recent college grads and underclassmen into a meat market. There’s nothing wrong with liking someone and hitting up their profile to see if they are single, employed and the like. Assuming the person is your facebook friend, you should already know this about them. The real problem with FB cruisin’ (to use a rainbow term) is stalking those you don’t know at all or know but not really.
    Ja'marcus called me one night perplexed. “KD, this chick is stalking my FB page?” “Well just block her.” I say.
“That’s not going to do anything. We have other friends in common and she’ll just look through their pictures to find me, comment and send e-mails.”
“Do you know this chick?”
“Yeah, she was cool. She’s actually  friend of a girl I used to smash but recently I noticed she was looking deep into my pics. Like she’d comment on picture #118 or any picture that had me and another girl in it.  KD, you know how many clicks that is. Its like she was rummaging through my garbage. I feel violated. ”
    I felt Manny’s pain and offered some suggestions. In turn, he wanted me to address this growing problem of FB stalkers. Com'on,  if you like someone or are interested in getting to know them just send them a message and build up to asking them out. Don’t you know how stupid you look commenting on picture #225 or seeing them in real life and quoting some wall convo they had with someone else? (Asshole move)
Under any circumstances are you allowed to question someoneon about their FB interactions:

“So who’s the bitch who wrote "she can’t wait to see you" on your wall?”
It doesn’t matter how slick you are with your question the impression is the same–you have nothing before to do than watch their every move.
I had an ex hit me up about a pic of me on FB: “KD, I didn’t know you were seeing someone.  Who’s nigga with his arm wrapped around you?
“Excuse me? Since when did you start jockin’ my FB page?”
Needless to say I blocked him from my pics.
When used right, social networks are just for that socializing. Stop hiding behind your keyboards and make a move.

We are grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment