Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 20, 2010

3-D Nails

Recently, ive tried going anti-acrylic. #1 Because it damaging to my real nails. #2 I have to get a refill every 2 weeks and since i've been getting my nails since 8th grade (s/o to Nails by Cindy) i've pretty much have had every type of design. But looking at my nails now, eehhh. They look like 12 yr old hands. Chip nail polish and bitten nails. Yuck ! I came upon something new...GEL NAILS ! All the celebs have been rocking them ! Its time for me to hop on this train.


RiRi rocking the trend !


Cassie


My Fav Hello Kitty !

Willow Smith


   To create 3-D Nails, the manicurist uses a gel called Calgel and other accessories such as embossed decals, glitter, and even Swarovski crystals! The gel is very strong and healthy for your nails; and it promotes nail growth! It’s applied to your natural nails just like polish and it’s similar to Shellac because it doesn’t smudge, chip, break, or peel.

It may be hard to find a salon that uses this technique but there are some out there.  New Yorkers can try Sakura Nail Salon and Spa (East Village) in NY. It will cost you around $40 or more but the quality of the end result is definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. bro,females really be rocking nails like this ? SMH wtf ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who does the gel nails in houston ?

    ReplyDelete